3.5.07

Fun in the Sun

This time next week, I'll probably be in bed. Resting up for an early trip to the airport with my sights set on sunny Florida. Our friends are getting married on the beach...Cocoa Beach! We can't wait. The wedding is on the 13th, we'll get the on the 11th. Our anniversary is the 7th so it's kinda like our anniversary gift to each other/vacation. I can't wait!
We've been trying to prepare some this week with little success. So like every other person who readies for a trip, we'll be doing the last minute thing...so I'll probably end up not sleeping at all come this time next week. I've been making lists of what I think we need: lotion, sunscreen, condoms, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, did I say condoms? I'm hoping FL brings out the freak in my wife, we'll see what happens. I've been throwing hints her way, but doesn't seem like she's taking the bait. Not at this point anyway...let me stop talking about it so I don't get my hopes up and get disappointed. Wouldn't you hate to be disappointed while in sunny FL?

The opportunity to go to FL is a blessing. We've saved our money, and luckily wifey knows someone who used to work at the airport, so we got buddy passes. I've been to FL once before, but it wasn't that great of an experience. It was Black Beach or the Black College Reunion. Whatever the title, it was CRAZY. Boys and Girls acting a damn fool, plus I was sooooooooooooo high the whole time, I don't remember much. Just trying to get my dude out of jail cause he had some herb on him. I think that's how we spent most of the time. Oh, and I remember there were about 10 dudes to a room! Cats sleeping on the floor, 3-4 to a bed. CRAZY. And the women...no way were any of those ho's touching me. No thanks to a girl who found being groped all day by packs of young men fun.

Traveling reminds me of a time my family went to Atlanta. I was probably 14-15, and my cousin had gotten a job at the Hyatt or some fancy hotel. She put us up in a really nice room with a wonderful view. While looking out over Atlanta, I thought to myself...this is something that every kid should have the opportunity to experience. A nice hotel, and the opportunity to see something different in the world. Every trip provides something different. Another way of life, different culture, different ways of talking, thinking, drinking, partying. Experience is the best teacher without a doubt. And I'm on the verge of another experience. Can't wait to learn something.

I'll leave you with this...I think I'm going to put it on a tshirt. 'If you aren't SMART, then you are DUMB' sums it up don't you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish i was with you!!!

Anonymous said...

me too!