6.9.07

28

Tomorrow, I'll be 28. Insignificant in the big scheme of things. I mean it's not like 16, 18, 21, 25. It's just 28. Thing is...it's crazy to think of myself as a 28 year old. Didn't seem possible when I was a kid. Seemed like everyone was so much older than me, I figured I'd never make it to be as old as them. But I'm here and I'm loving it.
So, let me be the first to say happy birthday to me. No big plans for the birthday weekend. Dinner with my family, and the Browns vs. Steelers game are the bookends. Go BROWNIES! This is going to be a good season for us. A great season. Luck is going to swing our way this time...oooh, I can't wait to see it happen.
Joy got notice this week that she's receiving a 'star award' which is given to employees who have done an exceptional job. And on top of that she's getting a raise!! I'm so proud of her. Glad that she works somewhere she loves, and enjoys what she's doing. She deserves all the good things in the world to happen to her. To see her happy makes me whatever being more than happy is...

My little cousin B has been texting me the last couple of days. Good to hear from him. He's almost like a brother to me. Probably my only early childhood friends that I have any contact with. He's the only kid that was close in age(where a year apart), so we spent a lot of time together as kids. He didn't live by me, but his grandmother, Katie B did. My parents were close to his family. They were family before we came along.
Anyway, dude invites me to the Browns vs. Bengals game on 12.28. Very unexpected but very happy about. Got the tickets from Katie B, who says it's going to be too damn cold to be at the game! Shiiiit, we know she right but being there is going to be fucking great! I can't wait. Especially if we have a season like I think we will have. The game will have some meaning, some playoff implications. Hey, maybe it's a sign after all these years, all the Bengals games Katie B had tickets to(season ticket holder) this year I'm presented with the opportunity. I'm feeling like the Browns are going to be the surprise story of the season...

My point was that I'm glad to hear from little cuz and am going to try to do a better job of talking more often. Going up to see him and his family.

Peace

No comments: