26.11.07

Working 9-5

This 9-5 shit is not for me. I think that I'd me much more effective with a less conventional work day. What if I can get done what needs to be done in 3 hours? What if I need 12, or 15? I want to be in control of my own thing. I don't want to be subjected to the ideas, culture, environment of someone else...especially someone/thing that I'm not all that fond of. The county's way of doing business is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay outdated. Think that might be why were currently working in a deficit? Gotta lay people off and shit. People are going to lose their jobs, and we say that we're in the business of helping those less fortunate? Does that make any sense? These old white folks need to step aside, and let some young black, white, red, brown, yellow, green people take control of things. I think that my generation has so much to offer, but these old fucks got a strangle hold on shit and are too damn greedy to relinquish control of anything...that's important. Which is why I want my own business. Something that I can put myself into. Something I can leave, as a betterment to my community. Something to make me some $$$
So, back to work. I listen to complaints...all day long. Nothing ever good. Bad all day long. It's draining. You have to be an extremely optimistic person that doesn't take the job home with you, and be really willing to try and help people. People who don't even give a shit that you're trying to help. They just know they need their food stamps or cash assistance check. I'm sure that in certain situation, if I was in a similar position, I'd be pissed too but I wouldn't talk to people the way some of our consumers speak to us. Nor would I speak to anyone the way some of our employees speak to the consumers.

Peace

No comments: