26.2.08

Ohio Obama

Yesterday, I witnessed with my own eyes the first Black president of the US. Senator Obama was a wonderful sight to see. At 5/3 Arena on the UC campus. Got in the line about 1145 and didn't get into the place until about 2. It was cooooooold. Amazing to see all these different type of folks out in the cold waiting to see a Black man. The arena was pack. PACKED. Unbelievable. This Black man...young, brilliant, motivating and has a fucking clue about what's going on in the world. Has sense enough to understand the things that have been successful and the things that need to change. And yes he is hopeful, but being hopeful is essential and of utmost important in life....duh! He makes me hopeful that my future children can become president. Hopeful that people who look, walk, talk like me get a fair chance in this country(and world.) Hopeful that people who need help get help. Hopeful that my future children will be able to go to school without inheriting $40k worth of college loans to repay. I'm hopeful that my child will be educated in the best possible way, in a public school.

I am hopeful that I have the courage, strength, support, patience, understanding, perseverance, and motivation to open a sneaker shop. A little place that I created, selling stuff that I would buy if it was available to me. Top of the line, exclusive sneakers. Hats, belts, shirts, purses, women's shoe & sneakers, books, music. A place that I can hopefully create wealth for me and my family. Where I can give back to my community. A place I can leave my children.

The dicks that say hope doesn't matter, have never had reason to be hopeful. Never been in a position where hope played a factor in their lives. Not hopeful they would get a decent education. Not hopeful they would have food to eat tonight. Not hopeful that they wouldn't get sick, because the can't afford it. Not hopeful their parents had enough for retirement. Not hopeful they would be able to provide for their families.

Hope is critical. Period.

Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

things are looking better for obama everyday. all we can do it hope and pray that he gets the votes he needs in the primaries. things are looking promising though!