9.6.07

Extra room

I've finally gotten some patio furniture. Yep, it all went down Thursday. Pretty nice set for not alot of money...always a good combo! My brother helped me put it up(my 4 year old niece too). Got out here on it last night(Friday) with my homeboy and his son, and again tonight with my brother and our boy. Put some burgers and chicken on the grill, had some brew, and a little treat...wonderful day. Wasn't too hot, good company, food, comfort, sitting out on my new patio furniture. The pleasures of life...

My wife was at a co-workers wedding. A man that used to be homosexual, but now's straight? A the woman who he's marrying is fully aware of his past a gay man. Sounds like some shit on T.V., but life does immate art.

I hope I can get to know more of my neighbors this summer. Many of them seem to be very secluded. I'm a pretty private guy(you're writing a fucking blog, dude) but these folks be shut in. Blinds closed, front doors with screen doors that aren't open, never outside and if they are and you pass they might not speak. Why can't we speak? Is it that serious that you don't want to know the people you're living next to? You'd rather not know the person you're living next to? I'm going to have force them to speak. Get all up in their personal space. Go into their yards. Knock on their doors. I feel like I'm an outsider because we are empty nesters.

I'll be using my patio to do more of this in the very near future. Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

doesn't it just make your house feel complete???

1of1 said...

More complete than it was. Got a few more things to get done.