28.2.08

Funny feeling

I had lunch with some friends today....former co-workers, who happen to be white females. While it's enjoyable when we get to hang out, I found myself a bit uncomfortable when we began talking about politics. And we weren't even really talking about it, just a mention about a text message I had sent when Mrs. Obama was in town. Neither was interested. Actually voting for Hillary Clinton. So my uncomfort comes when I feel like people aren't supporting Barack because he's Black. Now I know that this is the case in many instances, but when you get the feeling from people you know it's difficult. And it could just be me? But honestly, I don't see how you couldn't support the man.
So, for now I'll keep my feelings in check and just hope that people aren't voting for Obama for any other reason than his race. And try to stop feeling weird when people have other opinions.

Peace.

No comments: