27.2.08

Working late

Occasionally I have to work late. Till 7 on Wednesdays and some Saturdays from 8-12. It sucks. I already devote too much time to this place. People in general give too much of themselves to their employers. And what do we get in return but a big fucking headache....another reason I want to become an entrepreneur. At least then I'd be the cause of my own headache!
So, on the nights I have to work late I'm supposed to be anwering calls. Phone hardly ever rings and if it does, I can't do anything cause the customers worker probably got off at 445. How much sense does that make? People call in, complain and I tell them that I'll send something out for the worker or supervisor to look at in the morning...they subsequently ask why the hell I'm answering the phone this late if I can't help. Hey, I wonder the same thing.
I'm usually spending the time reading or trying not to play on the internet. Nobody's here for me to talk to, not that I really talk to my co-workers much anyway....

Anyway, work is work. It provides me with a way to make a living. I get no joy from performing my job duties. No joy in waking up in the morning to come into the office and listen to complaints all day. It's brutal, but it's what I have to do until I become that entrepreneur!

Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i completely understand. it has to get better though. it really does.