13.3.08

You can't be serious

On the Friday before Christmas, the lovely agency I work for confirmed that employees such as myself would not receive a raise or bonus this year because of the county's inability to manage money. We knew it was coming, but the official notice right before Christmas was a blow to the gut. But, life goes on. And you keep working cause that's what you have to do in order to provide, right?
Well, in all this my assumption was that a raise for any county employee in any department would be put on hold. I know that HCJFS is looked at as the scum of the earth, but we provide services for this communities most needy people....anyway, the fact that we wouldn't be getting fair compensation for what we do came as no surprise.
Then comes today....and wouldn't you know it. The director of our lovely agency has received a pay increase of close to 50%. Yes, 50%. She now makes $145k a year. Now under normal circumstance I would applaud this. Not right now. Not when your employee's have been told to continue doing what you're doing and hopefully in the next year or so you might be compinsated. How do you, as the director, even accept a pay increase when the county can't provide it to the people that make this ship run? Leaders in my estimation lead by example. They lead side by side with their men and women. This is a slap in the face of all of HCJFS employees. A blatent backhand of disrespect and unjustifiable!
Whatever her salary might have been prior, or how it compared to other agency directors is none of my concern. The bottom line is that she has chosen to accept something that the rest of us were prohibited from. Fuck her, this city, this county and this state. I hate OHIO and I hate working for someone else. This simply fuels my fire even more to go out here and make something for myself. A place where I can treat people with respect and not insult them by fattening my pockets while they are left out in the cold......

Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!
And I ask for a sign from above if I was making the right move...
Keep focusing on your goals and everything within in your reach is yours....