3.6.08

Fool you better come on in

Today, I've witnessed a Black man in America become a nominee for president of the United States. Really! Something that I have never ever ever thought I would see. Didn't even think my children would see. I'm thankful tonight. Thankful that God has blessed us with Mr. Obama's presence. His encouragement and enthusiasm. His vision and hopefulness. His vision for the progress of this country. I can look at my father as a man that came of age in the civil rights era, and he can look at me and we can embrace in the glory of seeing someone that looks like us in a position to be the HNIC!
I'm hopeful that Black people are allowed to celebrate this monumental moment. Able to bask in the glory of seeing someone who looks and talks like us in a position of power. Are we allowed to celebrate? How about, I don't give a fuck if they think it's appropriate to celebrate, cause that's what we are going to do! Stand up! Stick your chest out! Hold your head up and be proud! We can do ANYTHING, and if we support Mr. Obama in his vision we will see this country flourish. Education, energy, economy, diplomacy. We can change the world if we ALL are willing to do something. Stand up and be accountable for yourself, your children, your family, your community. Lean on one another so that we all can stand!

This moment is unbelievable......

No comments: