29.10.08

Upside down

Things done changed. It's 2008 and we've found ourselves behind. Going backwards, in the totally wrong direction. War is an issue. Energy is an issue. Employment is an issue. Housing is an issue. Money is an issue. The conservative, conventional ideas that has, for the most part, guided us to this point. Those conservative, conventional ideas have to be shelved, in place of some new, innovative, maybe not so conservative ones.
The country was supposed to be left to me in a better place than how it was inherited by past generations. It's a rule that we leave things better than we found them. It's just what your parents teach you at a very early age.
Did my elders give a shit about how they left the country for me? What happened in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's that may have contributed to our current position? Did anyone during these times think about what my America might look like? I know that they did, it's just impossible to forecast what changes that your generation is responsible for will have an impact on future generations.
Unfortunately, we don't have a crystal ball to see into the future. It would make things easier(I guess), but we'll have to do without it.

Lay-offs have been proposed at work. We don't know who or when is going to be lay ed off, but we know it's coming. This is an uncomfortable place to be. Not something I want to stick around to be a part off. Working on my resume. Trying to find something more suitable for me. More stable(if that's even an option), less stressful....we'll see what happens.

Funny thing about these crazy times is that we have a Black man on the verge of becoming the next President of the United States. Crazy. Who would have thought? Certainly not me. Like Chris Rock said, 'Bush fucked up so bad, he made it hard for white men to run for President'....I am hopeful the Sen. Obama wins the election and am ready and willing to help him become the best President ever! We, as a country, must support him and allow the positive, innovative, cooperative ideas shine through and move us forward. In a decent, respectable way.

No comments: