10.2.07

Who wanna..............bowl?!

Today I went bowling. I like bowling, but I don't go on a regular basis. I used to bowl in a league when I was a kid, Saturdays with my boy Craige and Thurston. We may have been the only team with all of it's members being young black males. Great memories...so today I went bowling.

The first game started off rocky. At least I stuck to my M.O....unable to pick up a damn spare! So that first game was a whole lot of that with a strike mixed in to irritate me. Ended up with 168, I think.

Game 2 was worse. Oh my, was I bad. It's the ball, I said. It's these jeans that are too long, and messing up my glide to the line. It's the ball, those jeans, and the lanes...ended up with like 122.

Now I'm frustrated enought to realize I need to make some adjustments. Who would keep doing that same thing and stinking at it. So, I move over a few boards(I know those of you who bowl love that terminology) and even take a step back.

Third times a charm! I don't know what I ended up with, but it was better than the first two games. And I beat my father-in-law, who bowls on a regular basis. But was using a brand new ball. 1 for 3 isn't that bad, right?

1 more you say? Absolutely...shit, I'm trying to win another game! 198...yep, I said it. 198 a mere 4 games into my, at least 6 month lay-off. I've got the feeling now. I'm like, I should join a league. I can still do this. Eh, but who'd I bowl with. Maybe if some friends agree, or Joy.

Rubber match...I'm still feeling good. Got my board, and I'm getting consistancy in my ball placement and release. Bang. Bang. Bang. Spare. Bang. The game went a lot like that. Ended up with 203 and the most wins for the day 3 out of 5! So, back to the idea about getting in a league. Where would I bowl? Gotta get a new ball, cause I had to do too much work for that 203. If I had a ball that I liked to throw...it would be over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's get it on...
I'll bowl with you during the spring/summer.