8.4.08

Big kid

Today was a lovely day. Spring is in the air, and I can feel it. It's like a rebirth. They say that hope springs eternal don't they? Well, I think it does....
Anyway, I went to the park for a walk. For the exercise more than anything seeing that I've got this big ol belly that I want to get rid of. I'll get to that later. Something struck me while I was at the park. I want to be a kid again. Kids were all over the place. Playing basketball, baseball, soccer. Some of the little ones were playing on the swings and monkey bars....what wonderful times those were. Somewhere along the way we allow ourselves to get too serious about stuff. We stop having fun. Real fun! Play all day fun. Yeah, responsibilities have to be tended to but, we have to learn how to get back to playing and enjoying life. Position ourselves in a way that allows us to have fun and enjoy our time here. We are consumed with work and money and everything else besides enjoyment.
My mother used to always tell me about how things would be when I grew up and I always questioned what she was doing to make her feel the way she did. I knew that I didn't want my life to be all about work. I didn't want to come home worn out from work every single day. I didn't want to stress about bills. About where money was going to come from to pay for this or that. At an early age I had the feeling that to a large extent we have control over what's going on in our lives.

After seeing the kids playing today, I'm committed to spending a significant portion of my life playing. Having fun. Simply enjoying life.

And losing this fucking belly!

Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Going to the park is the best! On nights where I have nothing else to do, I like to go and hang out on the swings and enjoy life. Makes me feel like a kid again and forget about all of my problems.